The Barbana Island
The soaring bell tower of the Marian Sanctuary is a beacon in the lagoon landscape. Near the bell tower dedicated to the Virgin Mary, there is a sanctuary, which was built in 582. Towards the year 1000, the sanctuary was led by the Benedictine Confederation, who left it in 1500 to the Franciscans.
There are boats departing from the Canale della Schiusa, in the centre of Grado towards Barbana. The trip takes half an hour.